- Watch live Tuesday: SpaceX to launch 60 Starlink satellites @ 7:53 pm ETon March 1, 2021 at 10:04 pm
A veteran SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch 60 new Starlink internet satellites into orbit on Tuesday (March 2) at 7:53 p.m. EST (0053 March 3 GMT). Watch it live!
- Space Chat with Space.com: Tune in Fridays for science, space and more!on March 1, 2021 at 7:50 pm
This Friday (Mar. 5), Space Chat will explore commercial space initiatives like Inspiration4, which aim to send commercial astronauts to space.
- The ‘Alien’ Xenomorph has invaded Fornite (Ripley and her cat, too!)on March 1, 2021 at 6:52 pm
The Xenomorph and Ripley from the iconic science fiction film “Alien” have landed Fortnite.
- Rocket Lab just unveiled plans for a big new rocket called Neutron that could fly astronautson March 1, 2021 at 6:50 pm
The private launch company Rocket Lab unveiled its plans to launch a big, new rocket called Neutron by 2024 on Monday (March 1).
- Space calendar 2021: Rocket launches, sky events, missions & more!on March 1, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Here’s a guide to all the rocket launches and astronomical events in 2021, as well as milestones for space missions, anniversaries and conferences.
- Pictures from space! Our image of the dayon March 1, 2021 at 4:02 pm
This image, captured by the Hubble Space Telescope, shows the comet P/2019 LD2 as it swoops closely to the Trojans, the ancient asteroids trapped near Jupiter by the planet’s gravitational pull.
- On This Day in Space! March 1, 2016: Scott Kelly returns from a year in spaceon March 1, 2021 at 12:04 pm
On March 1, 2016, NASA astronaut Scott Kelly came back to Earth after spending almost an entire year at the International Space Station. See how it happened in our “On This Day In Space” series!
- Best night sky events of March 2021 (stargazing maps)on March 1, 2021 at 12:03 pm
See what’s up in the night sky for March 2021, including stargazing events and the moon’s phases, in this Space.com gallery courtesy of Starry Night Software.
- Night sky, March 2021: What you can see this month [maps]on March 1, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Find out what’s up in your night sky during March 2021 and how to see it in this Space.com stargazing guide.
- The brightest planets in March’s night sky: How to see them (and when)on March 1, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Here’s how to see planets visible in March’s night sky.
- Planetary defense experts use infamous asteroid Apophis to practice spotting dangerous space rockson March 1, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Eight years after an asteroid exploded over Chelyabinsk, Russia, scientists are taking advantage of a flyby of the infamous asteroid Apophis to practice protecting Earth from space rocks.
- Lumpy, 30-pound meteorite that crashed in Sweden recovered in local villageon March 1, 2021 at 12:02 pm
Two meteor enthusiasts have found a piece of an iron meteorite that fell over Sweden in November 2020.
- SpaceX aborts launch of Falcon 9 rocket carrying Starlink satelliteson March 1, 2021 at 3:04 am
A veteran SpaceX rocket suffered a launch abort just minutes before liftoff Sunday night (Feb. 28) while attempting to launch 60 Starlink internet satellites.
- Spacewalking astronauts prepare International Space Station for new solar arrayson February 28, 2021 at 8:38 pm
Two spacewalking astronauts began preparing the International Space Station (ISS) for new solar arrays on Sunday (Feb. 28).
- A SpaceX rocket will launch a Starlink satellite fleet tonight and you can watch it live. Here’s how.on February 28, 2021 at 2:01 pm
SpaceX will launch its next batch of Starlink satellites on Sunday (Feb. 28) and you can watch it live online.
- Vice President Kamala Harris calls NASA astronaut on International Space Stationon February 28, 2021 at 1:22 pm
U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris made a truly cosmic call to the International Space Station last week to celebrate the milestone spaceflight of NASA astronaut Victor Glover.
- India launches Brazil’s Amazonia-1 Earth observation satellite and 18 others into orbiton February 28, 2021 at 6:19 am
A Brazilian Earth observation satellite soared to space aboard an Indian rocket late Saturday (Feb. 27) along with 18 satellites from the United States and India.
- Here’s what the Space.com Forum is discussing this week: Mars, memories, and more!on February 27, 2021 at 7:28 pm
This week, the community was left in awe at all the images and sounds coming to us from NASA’s Perseverance rover.
- 2021 Full Moon Calendaron February 27, 2021 at 1:12 pm
The full moon happens about once a month. Find out when.
- February full moon 2021: See the ‘Snow Moon’ with Mars this weekendon February 27, 2021 at 1:09 pm
The full moon of February, called the Snow Moon, occurs Saturday, Feb. 27, 3:17 a.m. EST (0817 GMT).
- Mysterious stripes spotted over Russia in satellite images — and NASA is perplexedon February 27, 2021 at 12:46 pm
Scientists can’t agree on why these hills in the Russian Arctic ripple with stripes.
- India to launch Brazilian Earth-observing satellite (and 18 more) tonight. Watch it live!on February 27, 2021 at 12:39 pm
India will send a Brazilian Earth-observation satellite to space along with 18 additional satellites — and you can watch the launch live.
- The top space stories of the week!on February 27, 2021 at 12:37 pm
These are the top space stories this week from Space.com.
- Space photos: The most amazing images this week!on February 27, 2021 at 12:37 pm
See the best photos on Space.com this week.
- Perseverance is a tiny pale speck on Mars in this orbiter’s eerie photoon February 27, 2021 at 12:37 pm
A camera on the ExoMars orbiter recently captured a photo showing a very, very tiny Perseverance on Mars.
- In photos: Perseverance rover’s Mars landing celebrations at NASA and around the nationon February 27, 2021 at 12:25 pm
From fist bumps at JPL to Mars donuts at Krispy Kreme and Red Planet billboards in New York City, people went all out for the Perseverance rover’s landing.
- Giant crack frees a massive iceberg in Antarcticaon February 27, 2021 at 12:02 am
This dramatic breakup comes after a major crack formed on the shelf in November 2020 and continued to grow.
- NASA’s Perseverance rover on Mars: Live updateson February 26, 2021 at 11:44 pm
Perseverance is set to land inside Mars’ Jezero Crater on Feb. 18, 2021.
- How did NASA’s Martian rover come to land in a crater named after a tiny Balkan village?on February 26, 2021 at 11:08 pm
The villagers apparently first dismissed this as fake news.
- The Perseverance rover may be on Mars, but there’s a lot we already know about from meteorites on Earthon February 26, 2021 at 11:04 pm
NASA’s Perseverance rover successfully touched down on Mars Feb. 18, and has already begun beaming back images.