- MAA American Mathematics Competitions Recognizes Top High School Math Teacherson February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON, DC – The MAA American Mathematics Competitions (MAA AMC) is pleased to announce the 2020 winners of the Edyth May Sliffe Awards for Distinguished Mathematics Teaching in Middle School and High School. This national education prize is awarded annually to middle and high school mathematics teachers for their outstanding work to motivate students through participation in the MAA AMC.
- 2020 Award Winner Announced for MAA’s Inclusivity Awardon February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON, DC (July 27th, 2020) The Mathematical Association of America (MAA) is pleased to recognize Dr. William Yslas Vélez with its 2020 Inclusivity Award. Inclusivity Award In 2019, MAA launched the Inclusivity Award in recognition of the importance of its core value of Inclusivity and building a healthy and vibrant mathematical community where all are welcome and encouraged to flourish. The 2020 award winner is William Yslas Vélez.
- Awards Announced for Contributions to Undergraduate Mathematics Educationon February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON, DC (July 27th, 2020) We are pleased to announce the 2020 award recipients for the Daniel Solow and Selden Award. These awards represent outstanding achievement in undergraduate mathematical education in writing and research.
- Mathematical Association of America Honors Members with Service Awardson February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON, DC (July 27th, 2020) Mathematical Association of America members receive service awards for their contribution to the field of mathematics and to the Association. We are pleased to announce the 2020 award recipients for the Meritorious Service Award.
- 2020 Awards Announced for Top Expository Mathematical Writing in MAA Publicationson February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON, DC (July 27th, 2020) We are pleased to announce the 2020 award recipients for the Allendoerfer Award, Trevor Evans Awards, Halmos Ford Award, and Polya Award.
- Four Outstanding Teachers Honored with MAA’s 2020 Teaching Awardson February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON, DC (July 27th, 2020) Annually, the Mathematical Association of America honors teachers who are making an impact on STEM education with the Alder Awards and Dolciani Award. We are pleased to announce the 2020 Alder Award winners, Selenne Bañuelos, Kenneth M Monks, and Brandy Wiegers; and Dolciani Award winner, Henry Pollak.
- Launching New Virtual Invitational International Math Competitionon February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
WASHINGTON, DC (July 13th, 2020) Debuting today is the Cyberspace Mathematical Competition (CMC). The MAA’s American Mathematics Competitions (AMC) and Art of Problem Solving (AoPS) have collaborated to offer a free and virtual invitational international contest for high school students.
- Team USA Earns Fourth Place in 2020 European Girls’ Mathematical Olympiadon February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
Washington, DC – Team USA earned fourth place in the European Girls’ Mathematical Olympiad (EGMO), a challenging high school competition hosted annually to honor girls across the world who excel in mathematics. This year, the competition originally scheduled in the Netherlands was held virtually on April 15-21, 2020. In addition to the team’s placement, the following team members were also awarded for their individual performance:
- Mathematical Association of America Announces the Winners of the Inaugural Maryam Mirzakhani AMC 10A Prize & Awards to Support Women in Mathematicson February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
Washington, DC – Jessica Wan of San Juan, Puerto Rico, has been named the first-ever Maryam Mirzakhani AMC 10A Prize winner for her performance on the 2020 Mathematical Association of America American Mathematics Competitions (MAA AMC) tenth-grade competition. Jessica achieved a perfect score of 150 on the AMC 10A, higher than any other female participant in the United States.
- U.S. Team Earns Third Place at the Romanian Master of Mathematicson February 24, 2021 at 5:27 pm
Washington, DC – The U.S. team earned third place at the Romanian Master of Mathematics (RMM) held in Bucharest, Romania from February 26 – March 2, 2020. The RMM is a challenging international high school mathematics competition that allows students to exchange mathematical ideas and engage in cross-cultural communication with other students from around the world.